|Author:||George Alan Wilkins, former Superintendent of HM Nautical Almanac Office|
|Title:||A Personal History of the Royal Greenwich Observatory at Herstmonceux Castle 1948–1990|
|About:||Having joined the Observatory in 1951, George Wilkins was appointed Superintendent of HM Nautical Almanac Office in 1970. His extensive account, which runs to over 350 pages is essential reading. It is meticulously organised into numerous sections with an abundance of useful appendices.
|Click here to download the account from the Cambridge University Library website. Click here for alternative link.
|In 2008, a few years before he published the full version, Wilkins published a much abridged but illustrated version (with nine photographs) in The Antiquarian Astronomer, Issue 4, pp. 69-80. Click here to read it.