Royal Observatory Greenwich – postcard collection
 1
of
0
...

Estimated date
1880s
Publisher
F. Frith & Co., Ltd
Publisher's title
The Park, Greenwich.
Nominal size
5.5 x 3.5 inches
Publisher/printer ref.
287
Website ref.
PC0347

Also issued as a whole plate (6 x8 inch) albumen print under the same serial number. Although the serial number suggests the image is much earlier, the circular hole at the top of the wall between Flamsteed House and the Eastern Summerhouse was only created in 1880. The drum dome (left) was removed in November 1892.
 

...