Astronomical Regulator: Arnold 1

 

page under construction

 



1890 In North Dome, described as 'having contact apparatus similar to that in the clock Hardy, in order that the clock may, if required, be temporarily used in the place of Hardy or of the Sidereal Standard Clock (Introduction to Greenwich Observations p.xxiii)
1893 In North Dome (Introduction to Greenwich Observations p.xxvi)
1894
In North Dome (Introduction to Greenwich Observations p.xxvi)
1895 Not mentioned in Introduction to Greenwich Observations
1896 Mention in Introduction to Greenwich Observations (p.xxvi), but no location specified
1909 According to the Annual Report, between 11 May 1908 & 10 May 1909, it had replaced Graham 2 in the Thompson Dome, (Graham 2 having been sent to Dent & Co. for repair prior to being sent to Malta for longitude derminations on 5 Feb). Note: Arnold 1 is mentioned in the Introduction to the 1909 volume of Greenwich Observations (p.xx), but no location is specified
By  1911 According to the 1911 inventory, it was one of two clocks in the Thompson Dome, the other being Dent 2016. Both had bee removed by 1926 (at different times?) and replaced by Dent 2014, which had been in the Astrographic Dome (Inventory: RGO39/4/60 & RGO39/5/22)
By  1926 In New Chronometer Room (Inventory: RGO39/5/22)
After  1926 Moved to Lower record Room (Inventory: RGO39/5/22)
1932 Sold to Percy Webster on 1 September (Inventory: RGO39/5/22)